Schedule an appointment in our Seattle office
WHY IS COLON HEALTH IMPORTANT?
The large intestine is responsible for eliminating waste and recycling water and other materials to nourish the colon cells and maintain proper colon health. If the colon is not functioning properly, the healthy flora will be disrupted and important vitamins and Butyric Acid will not be produced, allowing the colon to become inflamed and lose its tone. Once the colon becomes inflamed, its ability to properly absorb nutrients becomes diminished and these issues could lead to dysfunction such as IBS and Crohn's Disease.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, excessive gas and bloating, fatigue, headaches, and even food sensitivities or allergies, colon hydrotherapy along with a proper diet and lifestyle could help ease these symptoms and restore the optimal colon function.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING MY TREATMENT?
Your treatment will involve an intake evaluation and 45 Minutes of table time where a series of fill and empty cycles, administered by a trained colon hydrotherapist, will be given to release unwanted waste material from the entire colon. The material will move through the tube attached to the speculum and into the waste system. The waste will also travel through a view tube in the colonic machine allowing the therapist to explain what you are seeing and possible adjustments that can be made to improve overall colon function and health. Abdominal massage will also be used to help move and release the waste material from the colon for optimal results. We use the Aquanet 2000 closed colonic system for the utmost privacy, safety and comfort.
HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
The amount of session varies depending on the client. We have found that most of our client benefit from a series of 4-6 sessions with monthly maintenance sessions after that. At the end of your initial treatment you will discuss the results of your session with your colon hydrotherapist and design a protocol that works best for you and your health goals.
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE BEST RESULTS?
PRIOR TO YOUR SESSION YOU SHOULD:
- Chew your food until it's liquid.
- Stay properly hydrated. a good way DRINK HALF YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN WATER (OUNCES).
- Avoid caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
- Avoid nuts, dairy, & gluten as these are hard on the digestive system.
- Refrain from eating smoking, and drinking an hour before your session (unless you need a small snack to keep your blood sugar under control)
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes or colognes and highly seated oils and/or lotions to your session.
- Wear comfortable clothes you can relax in
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to ensure that we are able to complete the intake form and necessary paperwork prior to your appointment.
- Please feel free to ask questions. We are here for you.
WE WILL DO OUR VERY BEST TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR SESSION AND GIVE YOU SUGGESTIONS TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR DESIRED RESULTS.